Cake Decorator- Downtown Market
|August 05, 2014 - October 01, 2014|
|Location:||Kansas City, MO|
|Benefits:||Benefit package includes options for medical, dental, vision and retirement plans. Also includes membership to a credit union, vacation and holiday pay benefits, disability coverage, and life insurance.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This is a skilled position in the Bakery Department. Primary responsibilities include decorating cookies, cakes and pastries, creating appealing display cases, packaging bakery product, and operating, cleaning and maintaining cake-decorating equipment. Taking customer orders and helping them identify the products that will best meet their needs is also a key responsibility.|
|Duties:||1. Working with customers to identify the product and decoration that best meets the need for their event.|
2. Decorating cookies, cakes and pastries in a visually pleasing manner.
3. Creating display cases that provide easy access for customers and also ensure product is rotated to avoid sale of stale items.
4. Consulting with customers at the bakery counter and following up by labeling and packaging any sold bakery items.
5. Stocking necessary ingredients and notifying manager or items needing reordered.
6. Maintaining current knowledge of of all government health, safety and sanitation regulations.
7. Operate, clean and maintain all cake decorating equipment, such as air brush.
|Qualifications:||1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must-have fro this position due to interactions with customers.|
2. Able to tolerate long periods of standing and walking.
3. Able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs. on a daily basis.
4. Use of basic math skills.
5. Must maintain a professional, courteous demeanor when addressing customer concerns and able to follow through to the best possible resolution.
6. One year of previous retail experience required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.