Assistant Deli Manager - Price Chopper 103rd & State Line
|May 28, 2013 - September 01, 2013|
|Location:||Kansas City, MO|
|Benefits:||This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental and retirement plans. This position also offers holiday pay and vacation benefits, as well as comany-paid short-term disability and life insurance. Membership to a credit union is also available.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This is a store level management position requiring both technical and leadership skills. The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Deli Manager in many areas, including the supervision of Deli Department operations, ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service, monitoring the quality of deli product, and acting as manager in the absence of the Deli Manager as needed to address employee relations, coaching, and general department supervision needs.|
|Duties:||Key areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:|
1. Greeting and assisting customers at the deli counter.
2. Staffing and training deli clerks.
3. Unloading, sorting and removing merchandise from pallets upon arrival at the store.
4. Operating and maintaining deli equipment.
5. Counting merchandise and other duties related to inventory management.
6. Pricing and marking deli items for sale.
7. Ensuring quality deli product through proper rotation procedures, monitoring cases for damaged items, and following all health and sanitation guidelines.
8. Understand all health, safety and sanitation guidelines/regulations and ensure that other deli team members are also aware of and following these procedures.
9. Intervening to address employee relation issues as needed.
|Qualifications:||1. Due to the high volume of customer interaction, applicants must have excellent customer service and communication skills.|
2. Must have a minimum of 2 years of management experience.
3. The ability to function in a fast-paced retail environment requiring that you shift focus quickly.
4. Applicants must be able to tolerate various physical requirements outlined in the full job description including, but not limited to, long periods of standing and walking, repeated bending, squatting, twisting and stretching, repeatedly lifting up to 50 lbs. during a standard shift, and other requirements.
5. High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.