Deli Manager- In Training - Greater Kanasas City Area
|April 10, 2015 - August 01, 2015|
|Location:||Kansas City, MO|
|Benefits:||This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental, and 401(k) retirmement plans. Vacation and holiday pay and a credit union membership and other excellent benefits.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position is responsible for overseeing all operations of the Deli Department. Key areas of responsibility include performance management within the Deli team, employee relations, inventory and cost management, sales and profit management, ensuring positive customer relations, and quality control. |
|Duties:||The following is a list of key duties for a Deli Manager within Cosentino's Food Stores. Other required areas of responsibility are listed in a full job description. |
1. Creating a positive team atmosphere that promotes cooperation, high productivity, and open avenues of communication.
2. Monitoring performance issues within the team and appropriately intervening to achieve the best possible results for the individual, the team and the company.
3. Appropriately managing operational aspects, such as inventory, labor costs, sales projections, and profit/loss statements.
4. Hire, train, and develop deli staff members. 5. Ensure the deli team is informed of and follows all health and safety guidelines.
6. Emphasizes customer service and producing a top quality product each and every day in the deli department.
7. Clearly communicates all expectations and ensures the execution of set goals for the department.
|Qualifications:||1. A high school diploma or GED is required.|
2. Previous experience in a management position, in a deli, restaurant or food service industry.
3. Excellent customer service and communication skills are a must for this position due to high levels of interaction with team members and with customers.
4. Basic math and reading skills are required. 5. Must be able to perform a variety of physical functions listed in a full job description, such as repeated bending, long periods of walking/standing, squatting, and lifting up to 50 lbs.