Cashier-Price Chopper in Gardner
|April 07, 2014 - June 30, 2014|
|Benefits:||Eligible to participate in 401(k) plan, credit union membership, vacation and holiday pay.|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Cashier & Customer Service|
|Description:||This position is a key point of contact for customer service in the store setting, so successful candidates must be courteous, professional and have strong interpersonal skills. Basic responsibilities include checking out shoppers in large and small grocery store settings, assisting shoppers in locating items, and creating a pleasant overall shopping experience for all customers.|
|Duties:||1. Quickly and efficiently checking items in a cashier lane.|
2. Maintaining current knowledge of all government regulations regarding WIC orders, food stamps, health department guidelines, alcohol and tobacco sales, and lottery sales (where applicable).
3. Promoting sales of additional items.
4. Maintaining not only a clean cashier stand, but a clean overall store.
5. Sacking groceries for customers as needed.
6. Returning products to shelves.
7. Assisting customers in locating items throughout the store.
8. Counting exchange media accurately including cash, check, WIC, food stamps, coupons, ect.
9. Handle customer complaints or concerns in a professional, courteous manner and follow through to the best possible resolution.
|Qualifications:||1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must-have for this position.|
2. Able to lift 50 lbs. on a repeated daily basis.
3. Able to withstand long periods of standing.
4. Able to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment.
5. Able to maintain a calm, courteous demeanor in all customer interactions.
6. Able to work a varying schedule including weekends.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.