Cake Decorator- Liberty Price Chopper
|September 18, 2013 - December 01, 2013|
|Benefits:||This position is eligible to participate in 401(k) retirement plan, vacation & holiday pay|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||This is a skilled position in the Bakery Department. Primary responsibilities include decorating cookies, cakes and pastries, creating appealing display cases, packaging bakery product, and operating, cleaning and maintaining cake-decorating equipment. This position also consults with customers to identify needs and take orders.|
|Duties:||1. Working with customers to identify the product and decoration that best meets the need for their event.|
2. Decorating cookies, cakes and pastries in a visually pleasing manner.
3. Creating display cases that provide easy access for customers and also ensure product is rotated to avoid sale of stale items.
4. Working with customers at the bakery counter and following up by labeling and packaging any sold bakery items.
5. Stocking necessary ingredients and notifying manager or items needing reordered.
6. Maintaining current knowledge of of all government health, safety and sanitation regulations.
7. Operate, clean and maintain all cake decorating equipment (such as air brushes).
|Qualifications:||1. Due to the high volume of customer interactions, applicants must have excellent customer service and communication skills.|
2. Must be able to tolerate some physical requirements listed in a full job description including, but not limited to, long periods of standing and walking, repeatedly lifting up to 50 lbs., repeated lifting, squatting, bending and reaching, and other requirements.
3. Must maintain a professional, courteous demeanor when addressing customer concerns and able to follow through to the best possible resolution.
4. One year of previous experience decorating cakes and/or pastries in a retail or other professional setting required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.